[openbeos] Re: stddef.h [was: sys/stat.h and related commits]

  • From: "Andrew Bachmann" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 12:26:12 -0700 PDT

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:55:13 +0200 CEST "Axel Dörfler"
<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anyway, there is at least one possible problem I am not so happy
> > about
> > with your latest changes:
> >
> > # ifndef _STDDEF_H /* This is what GCC defines */
> > #  include_next <stddef.h>
> > # endif /* _STDDEF_H */
> >

> Update: at least the part of the glibc that already compiles as part of
> my tree works with these changes.
> But I am not sure if we want to replace gcc's stddef.h with our own at
> all.
>
> Adios...
>    Axel.

Hi Axel,

This is an interesting patch actually.  I needed to make this change
in order to configure and compile libiconv properly when using
our headers.  AFAIK stddef.h is not part of the gcc distribution.  It
is a posix header.  It is included as part of gcc anyway because the
beos version of this header is broken, I think.  If you look in the
/boot/develop/tools/gnupro/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-beos/.../include
directory you'll find these headers, along with a README that
says that these headers were generated from a script called
fixincludes.  I couldn't find the fixincludes script but I did find
a script called fixproto which I may try to run against the OBOS
headers.  It uses the "include_next" mechanism to patch headers -
sound familiar?  Anyway, because I am sadistic, I may try to
compile 2.95.3 against the OBOS headers as well.  That should be
enlightening.

Andrew