[openbeos] Re: question about duplicate ip address error

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:08:04 +0100 (CET)

> Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:35:06 -0500
> From: Antonio Carpio <ajcarpio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [openbeos] question about duplicate ip address error
>

> Howdy,
> I am writing a NIC driver for the DP83815 chips used in the Netgear
> FA311 chipsets and am getting messages from users saying that they get
> duplicate ip address errors.  I was wondering if anyone here had any
> knowledge of what can cause this error to appear.
> More exactly, what
> outside of an actual duplicate ip address can cause the network stack to
> come to this conclusion?  Thanks for any info you all gots.

The MAC hardware address published by your driver is invalid.
Or a bug which magicly corrupt any ARP packets sent/received thru
this driver! ;-)

Did you check under another OS your own test card MAC address,
to see if your driver get_the_MAC_address code get you the same value?
You can check, too, what MAC address you pass to net_server by
source debbuging (bdb) net_server and stop in your net_server addon
EtherDevice::Address() method.

-Philippe