[openbeos] Re: ps2_hid problem

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:11:08 +0200

Forwarded from Stefano ...

>This seems to be a long standing problem:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/openbeos/04-2005/msg00061.html

>I'm investigating this issue now, also with regard to Active >PS/2 Multiplexing
>specification, hot plug (think of notebooks with ps/2 mouse) >and Synaptics
>TouchPad absolute mode. It may take some days until it is >resolved...

Good to know. I'd also suggest (if you have time and will, of course :)) to add
a reset mouse command before starting using it. At least, the windows mouse
driver resets the mouse (three times, even) before initializing it, so it
doesn't relies on BIOS doing it. For reference:
http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2mouse/
Actually I never managed to make the reset routine work (it's still commented in
the code, in fact), but it was much time ago, even before Axel's changes. Maybe
we could be more lucky now.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton