[openbeos] Re: parsing command line arguments

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:23:18 -0400

>How about the original
>/bin  --->  /boot/beos/bin
>
>Doesn't the NewOS kernel have a "virtual root" like BeOS ?

That is pretty much a vfs/bfs thing, which Axel is working on.

>> I know alert and clipboard at least
>> use different parsing.
>
>Here's my clipboard app.. let's fight. :P
>http://www.bebits.com/app/1793
>(age-old.. did a major redesign for v2.0 on June 2,
>mainly for a possible OBOS inclusion)

And it is appreciated. ;-)

>I was under the impression that OBOS wasn't going
>to add stuff that wasn't already in R5,
>so I'm a little peeved now. :[

There isn't a change in this policy.
I don't want to quibble over little things, but nothing big is getting added.
Except in kernel land, because taking many of the "big" features out would be
more
work than adding them.

>When the floodgates open, please consider my 'siglaunch' app.

The world is wide open for R2.