[haiku] Re: openssh/launch daemon questions ...

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 22:27:52 +0100

Am 01/11/2015 um 20:23 schrieb g4@xxxxxxxxxxx:

Building direct from GIT master rev49716.

Pkgman install openssh. Generates key as expected and runs sshd. Whoami
reports ‘user’ as expected. Password has been set.

Ps shows /path/to/sshs –D

If I login using putty or somesuch I get access denied.

If I ‘cat boot/system/data/launch/system’ I can find no references at
all to sshd? How is this supposed to get run at boot time?

What am I missing here?

At this point, sshd is still being started by the net_server. But only, if configured, ie. if you have enabled sshd in the network preferences.

Finally can I add run any daemon type process by adding an entry to
‘boot/system/data/launch/system’ ?

Yes, but you don't change this file directly, as it's read-only.
Instead, you can alter the system boot manually by putting such files in the non-packaged data directory, or in the settings directory.

Bye,
Axel.