[openbeos] Re: on the subject of virtual memory...

  • From: "Travis Smith" <sage@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:47:38 -0500

From looking at memory usage in WinXP Pro, I've noticed that even when I
pulled my ram down to 256Meg from 1gig I have to see performance
differences, Windows appears to never use up all of my ram unless I
opened many applications. It went for the page file for some of it way
before it used all of the ram when I put it all back in. I found that
kind of odd, but don't have anything to profile the usage well. I was
just playing around.

----
Travis Smith
sage at ieee dot org