[haiku] Re: (no subject) Michael Oliveira

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:58:05 -0700

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 07:43:56PM -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
> On 04.04.2012 18:25, mike montgomery wrote:
> >Stop spamming me.
  ^^^^ And this of course is somewhat worse than useless, because it
was sent to the list -- not Michael!!!  [AND was HTML only!]

> >FROM: "Michael Oliveira" <michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx [1]>
> >TO: <...>
> >"haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [16]" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [17]>,
>

> Indeed.  Michael, it seems your email address has been compromised and bots
> are spamming your contact list.
> If you are still in control of you account... please change your password.

I got spam -- ostensibly from Michael -- a few days ago directly into my
own mailbox.  I corresponded with him (re soundfonts) a while back so
I guess I'm in his address book.

I emailed him back directly to notify him, but had no response or effect.
He may not be around, or may not be seeing mail on that account.

        -- Pete --