[openbeos] Re: newbie dev questions

  • From: "Mikael J." <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 01:16:06 +0100 (MET)

> 1/28/02 9:12:37 AM, Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
>
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to work out how to create a dropdown combo box or it's
> >>equivalent in BeOS ? but I can't work out what the name of the
> > > control is.
> >>
> >>If someone could just drop me a line, that would be cool.
> >
> >BMenuField
>
> Maybe I should add that a combination of a BTextView and a BPopUpMenu
> does not exist in the BeAPI.

While this is more of a GlassElevator discussion, I'd suggest the
following:
BTextControl - for typing in text
BMenuField w/ BMenu - for the drop-down list
BWindow w/ BListView inside a BScrollView - the actual drop-down list

The BListItems should allow the user to edit in-place.

This will look like the rest of the world's Combo Box.

--
Mikael Jansson, BeDevID #E-20392
http://hem.spray.se/tic_khr/