[openbeos] Re: networking on R5

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:24:29 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:

> Just a quickie, I saw the net stack has been ported to our kernel
> (does it mean that ? "Networking modules added to the core"),
> but does it still build and run on R5 ?

Damn, did I write this ? Wasn't awake really... (hmm, though it was noon
already !?).

Having seen the 'Kernel kraziness' news item for the 15th time raised the
doubt in me =) I should know the kernel isn't ready for this.

Btw, I was wondering, about the select() issue, if it was a libroot.so issue
only, since I remember we have (part) of the source for this one :)
What I'd propose in this case is we use objcopy on the object that
has select so it removes the symbol, and add our own part to libroot.so
with our own select(). Has something like this already been tried or maybe
I'm still asleep ?

François