[openbeos] Re: libc

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:01:06 -0800

>geist said on irc the other night that getting a proper libc was on his
list
>of things to do.  He said he thought he might just end up using an
existing
>library as it was a big job to write one from scratch...
>
>The newos website explains how to and I managed to get it built/working
in
>about 20 minutes!
>
>david
>
>> Where do I download libc from?
>> I was talking to someone on IRC last night (geist),
>> regarding working on libc for newos,
>> and couldn't log on to the suggested server.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Peter

Whats the BeOS equivilent? I am pretty new to deep BeOS internals, so I
would guess its one of these:

libbe.so
libroot.so
libstdc++.r4.so

What effects will it have using an existing one on BeOS, other than
speed. Surley BeOS's native one will be heavily threaded, and an
existing one won't.

Thanks

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx