[haiku] Re: how to get started with haiku?

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:21:01 -0500

On 2021-02-19 8:51 a.m., Asutosh Ghanto wrote:
> I am new to haiku ,I have installed the development environment  now I want to add these features:
>
> 1.I want a positive quote eg: "everything that glitters isn't gold" to come after a fresh boot as it was there with BeOS.

Most easily done by adding something to /boot/home/config/settings/boot/UserBootscript, using the "fortune" program and an "alert" or "notify" box to show the text.  Hmmm, I'll have to try that myself...

> 2.I want to use this OS also on a M1 mac and I want to know is it possible to run haiku on  M1 mac using qemu.

Probably not, the ARM version of Haiku isn't working yet.  Maybe using QEmu to emulate Intel x86 code?

- Alex