[haiku] Re: haiku Digest V9 #266

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 07:41:24 +0100

The Amiga itself lost this ability when it switched away from custom chips but it was eventually added back to AmigaOS and MoprhOS in software. IIRC the MorphOS version also allows you to move the front scree sideways as well.

Actually I have a video card using an S3 chip on my amiga, and it is still able to render screens this way. I think AROS also does it on PC.

Workspaces do much the same job but are placed side by side instead of on top of one another. They're really just two different ways of looking at the same thing.

Yes, but you can see multiple Amiga screens at the same time, while there is only one active workspace.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx