[haiku] Re: haiku Digest V8 #224

  • From: Nicholas Blachford <nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:44:57 +0000

Samir Gartnerr wrote:

Thanks for the answer, that's a start. Now I gotta find a better machine to run haiku more intensively since right now is running on Kju (QMEU) in a PowerPC Imac G4. I will try to get a new laptop this Christmas. And set a
Development environment for Haiku.

You actually have a very interesting environment there, if anything is slow in Haiku it's going to be *very* slow on a emulated system. I've always thought using a high end machine for development is a bad idea as the processor hides any inefficiencies. Might be worth looking at some form of profiling.

Anyway, just a thought.

--

PS to anyone interested, my BeGeistert report will appear, I got sidetracked...

--

Nicholas Blachford
nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx