[openbeos] grub, dpkg, lilo, fdisk [very OT]

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:29:34 -0400 (EDT)

> programs in /bin that need to be implemented here:
> http://clapcrest.free.fr/revol/beos/openbeos_bin_commands.html

I thought of a few other packages which would be good to port. I started
on lilo, but it was really hard b/c of linux deps. Did anyone get any cli
only boot loader ported?

I'll have to physically take apart my computer to reinstall beos unless I
can get a cli boot loader. Long story. Basically, I'm trying to boot a
floppy disk image from hard drive. Why? No cdrom and no floppy. I hosed
system doing bad things we were talking about on the boot script thread.
Dumb of me.

Anyway, if someone can help me get my be box back up, please help and I'll
continue my job of porting geeky stuff. I have an openbsd partition that
works for now that I'm trying to use to repair this.

Thanks so much in advance. I'm thinking, now of hosing the beos partition
and dding a floppy image there, then rebooting and selecting that
partition from bootman. Would this work?

If I can get this up, I'll write a wacky howto on how to rescue your
computer w/o any extern booting media.

The people who are coding are awesome and very good people. They have
given me many cool things to entertain me, like the obos mounting disk
images. If this rescue disk is easy, I can make a real bleeding edge
system w/ no fear.

Fred