[openbeos] gcc-2.95.3-beos-release-20041003, -g or -O0 and KDL

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:25:14 +0200 CEST

Oliver Tappe wrote:
> The next version of gcc-2.95.3 is now available from here:
>
>       http://www.hirschkaefer.de/beos/gcc-2.95.3-beos-release-20041003.zip
> >
> This is meant to be the real thing (i.e. I intend to release this to
> BeBits).
>
> These are the most important changes (as compared to the last
> test-release):
> - gcc is now paired with the current version of binutils (2.15
> instead of
>   2.11.2). This fixes the build of userlandfs.
>   Thanks to ahwayakchih for helping with the porting of binutils-
> 2.15.
> - an issue with stl_alloc.h has been fixed such that gcc is
> complaining less
>   often about missing references to cerr and the like.
>   Thanks to Andrew Bachmann for providing the patch.
> - all texinfo-documentation has been transformed into html, the
> incomplete
>   info and man-docs are no longer part of the distro.
>   If anyone thinks it'd be better to keep these in the distribution,
> please
>   let me know.
>
> As usual: please tell me if you encounter any problems.

When -g and/or -O0 gcc flags are turned on, it seems that something is
screwed badly because running the app got me to KDL with this stack
crawl:

relocate_cont+00b5
image_chain+0020
load_cont+0370
load_binary+00be
instanciate_image+001c
return_from_systcall+0000
----iframe----

Works fine without -g and with -O2, thought.

All is working fine with previous binutils-2.11.2 based release.

Am I alone having this issue ?
I'm using R5.0.3 + BONE.

- Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have
been searching for evidence which could support this.
                -- Bertrand Russell