[openbeos] Re: fs_volume.h vs unistd.h

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:07:56 +0100 CET

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Which isn't an R5 header.
> I commented that line out and it compiled.
> I suppose it used it for the mount flags.
> That brings up an interesting problem.
> Where are those in unistd.h ?
> The mount flags are supposed to be visible from there, at least
> B_MOUNT_READ_ONLY as defined by R5.
>
> So do I #include fs_volume.h in unistd (including OS.h too ?)
> or dup the define ?
> or move them to unistd.h and /* see unistd.h for flags */ ?

No, there won't be any mount flags in unistd.h anymore. That part will
be neither source nor binary compatible - since every file system comes
with its own mount implementation, that's not really a problem.
Furthermore, "dosfs" will be moved to our new file system API, too, so
that it cannot be used on R5 anymore.

Bye,
   Axel.