[openbeos] Re: decoder config options

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:16:21 -0800

François Revol wrote:

Usually decoders are chosen automatically (on a first-found basis), unlike encoders which are usually presented as a list on a GUI.

For ffdecoder i had a list of supported 4CCs but that was built-in the binary. I always had to rebuild it to change which I wanted to support. A settings file might be an acceptable solution I suppose.
Just check for it and use a sensible default if it's not there.

Doesn't encoders/decoders support BMediaThemes? Maybe we should have a encoder/decoder preferences tab in the media preferences panel. This way not only the user would have more control about formats but also applications could integrate the config interface in themselves.

-Bruno