[openbeos] Re: app_server bit depth with vesa

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 01:30:12 +0100

On 2005-11-02 at 01:07:41 [+0100], schmidp-lists@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:06:02AM +0100, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> > If you tell me exactly what file to copy under what circumstances, I can
> > do
> > that.
>
> if you look at build/rules/HaikuImage line 174 to 178, you already have the
> code in place, just commented.

Ah, I see. The commented code is from makehdimage, i.e. no jam code. And the
TODO comment is exactly right: "This looks like it belongs to someone's
UserBuildConfig." If there is no such file in our tree, the build system is
not responsible for copying it onto the image, especially not from a
location in the tree. If you want copy the file onto your image, add
something like the following to your build/jam/UserBuildConfig:

AddFilesToHaikuImage home config settings kernel drivers
        : /path/to/my/personal/driver/config/file/for/vesa ;

There's also a UserBuildConfig.sample which shows a few examples of what
else can be done in this file.

CU, Ingo