[haiku] Re: alpha2 "device recalibrate error"

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:57:22 +0200

On 2010-05-10 at 11:15:53 [+0200], Jean-Marc Louviaux <jeanmarc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just tried to install the latest alpha 2 but i have a problem :/. During
> the installation i have the error "Device recalibrate error" while copying
> libwebcore.so.
> I first thought it was a bad burned CD, but i tried twice and burn on really
> low speed. Do you have any idea ?

While I tested the same ISO on different computers yesterday, I've seen this
error on one of them. Judging from the error message and the fact that the
same CD worked on other computers, I believe this is due to the combination
of CD media and CD drive. I know from reading many tests of CD burning media
and drives, that the combination plays a big role, and some drives are not
good at reading certain media. Did you burn the disk on the same computer
that you are trying to install Haiku on?

Best regards,
-Stephan