[openbeos] Re: Win32 Installer

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:58:02 -0500

On 1/28/07, Gustavo grieco <gustavo.grieco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know this isnt planned and maybe its too early, but i propose to
modify the debian/ubuntu installer for win32 to install a haiku image.

Debian installer: http://goodbye-microsoft.com/
Source:
http://people.debian.org/~rmh/goodbye-microsoft/pub/debian-installer-loader.tar.gz
Ubuntu installer: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/install.exe

I think this is a great idea, and the Ubuntu Wiki makes a great case for this.

I have some experience with NSIS so could spearhead this project, if
we decide to make use of the Ubuntu installer. This should actually be
a lot easier with Haiku than Linux, and we already have BeOS R5
Personal which did this back in 1999. So it should definitely be
doable.

I'll try playing with it a bit and see what I can get going.

Ryan