[openbeos] Re: WalterCon Donations?

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:32:20 -0500

I would love to have everyone together; obviously cost is the main
prohibitive issue.

At the same time, though, I wonder what the "depth" of the riches of the BeOS
community really is. At some point, we will get NPO status. Of course, the
sun will eventually explode, too. :-) I would much rather put potential
donations into a general development fund for, say, code bounties, than pay a
couple thousand dollars to fly people around. If we had more money that we
knew what to do with, I might think otherwise. Or if there was money
available for one thing but not another. I doubt that is the case, though. I
very much appreciate the thought and offer. I would rather, personally, you
hang on to your cash and make a bigger (and tax deductible) donation when
that is possible.

Michael