[haiku] Re: Wallpaper for Haiku, fork of 'Slogan for Haiku.'

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:14:33 +0200

Hi,

Am 05.10.2010 17:02, schrieb Alexander von Gluck IV:
Here are my first steps when I reinstall a nightly:

  * installoptionalpackage -l
  * installoptionalpackage -a vim
  * installoptionalpackage -a webpositive
  * installoptionalpackage -a git
  * pull a purtty wallpaper off a flash drive

You misunderstand the purpose of the nightlies. If you are a regular user, you should install from a different source. For example by building your own images, or by installing a nightly on top of your installation. Which would keep existing packages and wallpapers intact.

One purpose of the nightlies is to find revisions when regressions were introduced. Which is why they should be as small as possible, so there can remain more of them on the server.

If I would install from a nightly, I would have to install many more packages besides git and WebPositive. And a wallpaper would be the least of my worries... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan