[openbeos] Re: USB stack documentation

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:23:48 +0200 CEST

Hi Salvatore,

"Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is there some documentation about the Haiku USB stack?
> I see it's all in C++. Is there some docs about its status and its
> implementation?

I don't think there is any implementation specific documentation
available. The only thing that seems to at least cover the USB Kit is
there:
http://www.beatjapan.org/mirror/www.be.com/aboutbe/benewsletter/volume_III/Issue12.html

> I see the isochronous transfer type is missing, can I ask why? Lack
> of time?
> Lack of developers? Too difficult?

Simply lack of time - isochronous is usually the least important
transfer mode; your mouse/keyboard and mass storage devices won't need
it - and that's why it's usually the last one to be implemented.

Bye,
   Axel.