[haiku] Re: Thank you to the Haiku programmers, from an enduser

  • From: Jeff KP3FT <kp3ft@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 16:21:29 -0800 (PST)

I think that BeOS would have "wiped the floor" and dominated all other OS's if
they had continued development.  I also suspect that BeOS's continued
closed-source status has been (and perhaps still is) influenced somehow by
competitors.  I love Haiku and use it on a daily basis, but imagine how much
farther Haiku would be if the BeOS source were open.