[openbeos] Re: Task list

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:19:09 -0400

>Hey Michael Phipps..
>
>I'm in complete agreement with the decisions you've made on the outline
>and directions of the project. I have a few comments about your task
>list (cut and pasted below)

Thanks! I appreciate your (and others) support. It is always a tough line
between dictator and member of the endless debate committee.

>app_server               // you gotta have windows
>file system                // files come in handy too
>networking                // not to mention the internet
>media                        // makes the BeOS what it is
>
>You can leave off OpenTracker/Deskbar -- that's already being taken
>care of nicely.
>
>Mind you, it's not that people can't work on the other, less important
>kits -- you want people to be able to contribute however they can. It's
>just a matter of watching the priorities. If we notice that 1 person is
>working on the media kit and 5 people are working on the screensaver
>kit... well, ya know, a little gentle nudging to re-allocate project
>resources would be in order.

Two things here - since we have a working BeOS, this is not as big a motivator
as others. And secondly, when we have too many contributors, I will dance in
the streets. :-)  Generally, I agree. If/when that happens, we will have to deal
with it. OTOH, 5 people on screensaver might finish it quickly and come to
some other mini-project as a cohesive team. :-)

Thanks for your thoughts...