[openbeos] Re: Status & Mail Daemon code

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:11:43 -0400

While we got permission, I didn't grab the code.
See - the whole problem (and it isn't just MailDaemon) is that
someone has to keep those source trees in sync. Grabbing new source
and updating ours.

Pros:
We have source. It can't disappear out from under us
We look more finished and more inspiring.

Cons:
Someone has to build it, maintain it and update it
Any changes that we make have to get ported back to the "main" code and get
integrated.

We have this issue with Mail Daemon, NewOS and more.
If anyone has any great ideas on how we can manage this, let me know.