[openbeos] Re: SourceForge & CVS

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 06:42:10 -0400

>I would propose (since we're all proposing stuff here ;) that versioning
>of the source tree is properly done with cvs tags, not with directory
>structure.  Given that, Michael's proposal makes the most sense.  I just
>got back from a long vacation, and haven't read all the backed up mail,
>but I'm hoping this won't be an issue we have to argue into the ground.
>Michael's the admin and this is an administrative issue -- let's let him
>make the call and spend our time on more important stuff.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Eric. And welcome back. :-)

Hey - news - WE HAVE SOURCE CONTROL!!!! :-) :-) :-)

I put together a directory structure at SourceForge, using CVS.

I used GeekGadget's command line CVS; you need that, and put it into your path.
If you want write access, you also need a SourceForge login and to be added to
the project (not sure if I need to do that or not - if you can't join, let me
know).

There is some documentation at:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=763&group_id=1

NewOS (latest) and the screensaver code is already there.
Basically, for each kit, there is a test, docs and source directory. The source
directory contains two directories - library and server.

If anyone has any questions, needs help, etc, please feel free to mail me off
list (mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Enjoy!