[haiku] Re: Site error

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:51:48 +0100

Hi,

On 2014-02-04 at 11:25:22 [+0100], dancso.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On 04/02/2014 11:11, dancso.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> As I see the http://cgit.haiku-os.org/ and the Pootle (since 2 days)
> >> is
> >> not available.
> >
> > We just did some OS upgrades on the server, but there seems to be
> > some
> > transient issues still. To quote Oliver :
> >
> > 10:58 <@olta> there are ongoing problems with the VMs, they seem to
> > lose
> > their network connection after some time (currently, vmrepo is in
> > that
> > state)
> > 10:59 <@olta> I have no idea about the reason, though :-\
> >
> > Hopefully it will be fixed quickly.
> >
> > François.
>
> And it this cause the Pootle (http://i18n.haiku-os.org/pootle) problem
> too? Because I got this on the page:
>
> "Pootle: Install
>
> Error: "could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the
> server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket
> "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? " while attempting to access the Pootle database,
> will try to initialize database."
>
> It looks like a DB problem. Or not?

Yes, this seems to be a problem with pootle being somehow unable to connect
to the postgres instance running on the same server. Strangely enough, Trac
(which is also running on that VM) doesn't have any problems connecting to
the same postgres ...

I'll have a look at that once the general networking problems have been
solved.

cheers,
        Oliver