[openbeos] Re: SV: Re: IRC anyone?

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 07:08:58 -0400

>While BeShare is really nice, I still think that an IRC channel will be better.
>It can be used & visited by more people, no java chat is required,
>and every decend IRC client does for example support DCC for file transfers,
>logging, messageing if a specific persons shows up, etc.

BeShare will support an awful lot. Anyone know an upper limit?
It supports (and was built for) file transfers. It does logging and messaging.
It is BeOS native and runs under BeOS (no Java for me!).
Not to shoot you down. If you have a real reason not to use it, or to use IRC
in preference, let me know.