[haiku] Res: New website theme

  • From: Michael Oliveira <michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

+1 to upload now

 Atenciosamente,

Michael Vinícius de Oliveira

________________________________
De: Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Para: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Enviadas: Domingo, 2 de Agosto de 2009 20:35:06
Assunto: [haiku] New website theme

Howdy,

With all the talk about alpha 1 being around the corner, I can't help
but think that the website could do with a new theme more attune with
the released status of Haiku. Ergo, I thought I would offer a peek to
the theme that I have been working on as part of the upgrade to Drupal 6
for a couple of weeks now. Here are a few screenshots:

* Front page:
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-02_shijin3-01_front-page.png
* Blog entry:
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-02_shijin3-03_blog-entry.png
* Code highlighting:
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-02_shijin3-02_code-highlighting.png

I have put quite a bit of thought into the front page. It now has a
shorter, more concise intro message, makes more obvious the kind of info
newcomers would want to know (where do I download Haiku from? how do I
install it? where do I get help from?), has a prominent space for
upcoming events (EVENTS HIGHLIGHTS), and adds and easy way to follow
development activity (in the WHAT'S NEW IN HAIKU DEVELOPMENT tabbed
area). I think this new layout will serve Haiku much better from alpha 1 on.

As you can see in the third screenshot, automatic code highlighting is
working. ;)

Anyway, I don't know if the community will like the new theme and/or the
project leadership will want to adopt this over the existing one. I do
want to get some feedback before I put more work on this, which is why I
am putting this screenshots out here for everyone to see.

Let me know what you think. This is still very much WIP, so be nice
please. ;)

Cheers,

Jorge/Koki

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com