[haiku] Re: Printer experiences

  • From: "SMC.Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:51:51 +0000 (UTC)

I had a customer ask about which printers work with Haiku, and that's an area I
know nothing about. I did some quick checking in the online Haiku compatibility
database and it looks like a lot of them are listed in there (presumably all
connected via USB from the description on the first page), but I'd like to hear
from people who can tell me their actual experiences with printers and Haiku.
Can you tell me which printer you use, and what you can successfully use it
for? For example, with your printer, can you:

print a text fileprint an imageprint a web pageprint a PDF

Thanks much,

Dane

epson printers work on network/lpr

biggest problem is applications don't always support printing nor does it work
properly or is broken, for instance bepdf doesn't print, yet it claims to
support it

Sean