[openbeos] Re: PANIC: malloc: called with interrupts disabled

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:50:04 +0100 (MET)

"Ben Gertzfield" <bgertzfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm happy to provide any more information, or a VMware suspend state,
> for this problem.

You're the second who reports this: it looks like the ACPI module
doesn't work correctly; it must not spawn a thread within an interrupt
handler.
I've removed it from the build for now (since r19693) until it gets
fixed (and someone introduces an option to disable it in the boot
menu).

> I'd love to show off Haiku running in a virtual machine under VMware
> Fusion next week at Macworld -- if it's too early in the project,
> that's no problem, but let me know if this is something that can be
> tackled!

Well, we can't stop you ;-)
In general, publicity is nice, but it should be made very clear that we
haven't even released a public alpha version by now.

Bye,
   Axel.