[openbeos] Re: "OpenSoftwareValet" UPDATE

  • From: Morten Fjeldstad <morfj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 04 Dec 2001 08:46:57 +0100

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 04:44, LewisB wrote:

> work across disks.  When a second partition
> was mounted the apps were automagically added to the "Apps" list.

cool.. I didn't think of that. Popping in a BeOS formatted CD with the
latest game, and it's just there.. :)  Who needs an installer anyway? :)

> Note:  The queries do have be closed to unmount the disk.

You mean you can't unmount (e.g.: eject a CD) while the starte menu is
open?

> The first drawback I've noticed is a slight delay as the query is made
> if more then one disk is mounted.

how much of a delay? Annoying?

> There is no way I'm going back to the old way.  IMHO Live Query Apps
> Menu is The way to go.  (atleast for me)  YMMV.

Sounds like I will have to try this myself... :)

--
mvh
Morten Fjeldstad.