[openbeos] Re: On the subject of the deskbar

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:39:46 -0500 (CDT)

> Please, explain. You know you can drag the query icon to the desktop
> (or any folder for that matter) and create a "virtual folder" that will
> always contain the results of that query, right?
>
> -Bruno

That would involve me being prescient about the fact that I'll need the
query again.  No, unfortunately, I tend to do searches on things like
"Rect.h" over and over and over and over and over again.  Because, I think
"ok, I'm done with that query".  Basically, all I'm saying is that Tracker
should see if the livequery exists already, and not bother making a new
one if it's not needed.  Unless, the most recent version of OT already
does that (mine's about 4 mos old).

Isaac