[openbeos] Official Haiku graphics

  • From: Ben Allen <ben.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:18:47 -0500

A while back I ran across a PDF document Be, Inc. put out that showed
their various logos, gave instructions on how to use them in different
types of documents and on different backgrounds, and gave exact
specifications for the colors "Be Blue" and "Be Red" used on their
products.  I was wondering if such a document exists for the Haiku
logos.

The colors and graphics of the haiku-os.org website are all that I can
find at the moment.  Are these the official logo and colors of Haiku,
or just for the website?  I know Be published that document in order
to protect their trademarked logos (are/will Haiku logos be
trademarked as well?), and if such a document does not exist for us, I
think that it would be beneficial to create one.  That way, community
websites would look unified, we can create a visual theme that people
can subconsciouly link with Haiku, and we can have documented proof of
our designs in case some form of trademark infringement takes place in
the future. (I know the UI design is open source, but our
organizational logos and colors may not be)

I realise that the creative design team may have published this
already, but I could not readily find this information, so I wanted to
make sure that it was not overlooked.  Thanks

-Ben