[openbeos] [OT]

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:07:24 -0400 (EDT)

Open rescue disks. Is this a project. I know, GE, but I think that this
can be useful in fixing things in many ways and make the testers more
agressive. Or is this done all ready?

Those who bought demo cd can use this as rescue and to reinstall vers of
beos that you don't have a bootable cd for. This can't be distributed,
though b/c it's illegal, IMHO, but that's ok, b/c I think that another can
be made w/ the pe edition. Am I right? How would one do this?

In parallel, can't a newos disk be made once the obos driver compiles for
it? How far off is this? We only need to get obos bfs, a simple editor,
and cp to work before this could solve all my troubles.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
CCN sysadmin