[openbeos] Re: NonProfit

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:59:24 -0800

>On "Open-Sourcing" the design.  At some point, someone needs to take
>charge.  Because, there's no way that all 120+ developers are going to
>agree upon the morale-boosting design.  Especially since it's a matter
of
>taste, and not design (like the rest of the project).  The best we can
do
>is an open forum for discussion and someone willing to set aside the
ego
>but at the same time be the best person entrusted to make those hard
>decisions.

When the time comes, I think a simple ranking of the presented designs
by interested parties should be sufficient to assure that the selected
final design is at least acceptable to nearly everyone.

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we
could be.
        - Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)