[openbeos] Re: Newsletter suggestion

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:34:52 +0200 (MEST)

Exactly because PDFs are intended to be printed =)

Btw as a newsletter suggestion, I suggest some ppl write articles before Deej
floods our mailbox again :P

Oh, yeah, about printing html.. getting page boudaries right can be a pain.
Once I used this trick, that works in IE and Opera for windows at least, don't
think it would work in Opera in BeOS.

  <head>
    <title>Title...</title>
    <STYLE>
      P.page { page-break-after: always }
      HR.page { page-break-after: always }
    </STYLE>
  </head>

then to insert a page break:

<P class=page>&nbsp;</P>

I had once a linux box on the network, which I added a fake printer, that
would convert the postscript thing from the windows box to a PDF file on the
unix account, then send a winpopup to the windows box to tell it's ready :)
using ps2pdf and samba.

François.