[openbeos] Re: Networking Newsletter

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:29:55 EST (-0300)

> Would it be possible for someone to write a short newsletter article
> on
> the status of putting networking in the kernel?  This is a major
> departure
> from BeOS R5 (well, except for those who have the beta) -- and I was
> wondering about the history of making that decision, pros, cons, et
> cetera.  (For example, under kernel networking, I noticed that
> art gallery page freezed up window responsiveness).

David Reid did a newsletter article about that sometime ago. Anyway,
what do you mean by "For example, under kernel networking, I noticed
that loading my art gallery page freezed up window responsiveness".
What "kernel networking" are you talking about?

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

You possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.