[openbeos] Re: Need help with bcm570x driver from svn

  • From: Al Elias <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:32:48 +0000

Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
The bcm* drivers are GPL licensed and so are not built by default. There's some build option you need to choose to build GPLed components.
-Nathan

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Al Elias wrote:

Hi,

Is there a known problem with the bcm570x nic driver that is in the repository? I'm wondering why the driver is not getting built and subsequently installed when doing a 'jam haiku-image' on my system? Should I be un-commenting lines in any jam or config files? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm guessing that the 'rule SubincludeGPL' in 'MiscRules' in the jam directory may have something to do with it. To be honest, I don't feel like 'tweaking' it unless somebody can point me in the right direction! ;o)

Al