[openbeos] Re: My first attempt :)

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:01:06 -0500

>>Hi again,
>
>Hi,
>
>>Here is a screenshot of my first attempt at the keyboard app.
>>
>>http://www.h2o.demon.co.uk/images/keyboard.jpg
>
>Nice.

Very nice. Just need a place holder for the pretty pictures. :-)

>>I am just reading in the prefs now, I haven't done that before, so I am
>>learning on the way. It should set the keyboard options on reboot, but
>>not in the fly, not until I can find out how the input_server handles
>>this (Any hints??)

So you are reading and writing the preferences file? Very cool!

>Sure. Before joining OBOS I made an attempt of replacing the keyboard app by
>myself. In contrast to you I
>started with the input_server stuff, and never quite finished (I did
>dataTranslations then.)
>I'll send you my source off-List, maybe you can use it. I believe it was all
>pretty easy.
>
>>Can somone give me details on how to check in my code using CVS please,
>>I know its not much, but I want to check it in asap.
>
>Well, as not everyone should have write access to the CVS, it is best to send
>your code to Geoffrey when your
>finished. As your Team Leader (preferences) he will get your code commited to
>the source tree.

Everyone does have write access to CVS. If you have questions about why I chose
this, I would be glad to take it off list with you (it wasn't an easy decision,
but I don't want to chew up a lot of mailing list for it).