[openbeos] More stuff to disagree with...

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxx, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:25:21 +0200

... ;-)

I'm in the process of completing and cleaning up both the
BeOS user survey and the BU developer survey. All that
formatting sucks, but what's even worse... if you want to
publish this on the web, it sucks even more.

Why can't we (the BeOS community) come up with a file format
(in this case a spreadsheet) that can be read as is by a
script or web page. In plain English: Why not take that gobe
productive spreadsheet and either integrate it into the HTML
page or access it selectively with filters and sorting? Why
fart around exporting to HTML, writing to MySQL or that sort?
Why not just create and publish?!

Anyone able to find a solution to this will surely garner a
lot of interest and support, also because this (IIANM) is
still a domain not touched by non-web professionals.

Helmar