[openbeos] Re: More misc ideas

  • From: "Helmar Rudolph" <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:57:27 +0200

Just my 0.02 here...

> The reason I restructured the "home" tree as follows:
>=20
> /users/username/home
> /users/username/libraries
> /users/username/programs
> /users/username/settings
>=20
> /user =3D3D> /users/currentuser

=46rom my point of view the /users/username/ portion should be
hidden from the (avg.) user, so it doesn't really matter
what you call it (although I agree with the dropping of the
3 letter naming convention).

Joe Soap should just see an alias called "My Computer" aehmm....
"My screaming BeOS machine", which directs them straight to
/home /libraries /programs, etc, each one preferably with a
more verbose alias and a short description (status line?)
(that can be turned off) in the file manager.

Helmar