[openbeos] Re: More OpenBFS progress. :)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:28:00 CET (+0100)

> Hey guys.
>
>       Another status report for you all. Symlink support is now fully
> implemented (including bfs_read_link()) and everything works exactly
> like it is supposed to do (though the code needs to be cleaned a
> bit).
>
>       Also we now have a *WORKING* query engine that actually searches
> the indices and return the files that matches! It's user-land for
> now,
> working as a separate program, so you can't use the Tracker find
> panel
> to search for the files. We are working on way to integrate the
> userland implementation with OpenBFS and if it is not feasible we
> will
> just integrate it to the filesystem (this is how the current BFS
> works).

Just a minor correction: The query engine that was a stand-alone
application didn't return any files, it just parsed the query
expression.
But what's currently on my hard-disk (only partially in CVS right now)
works nicely :-)

But "not" and regexp expressions are not supported right now.

Adios...
   Axel.