[openbeos] Re: Kernel status (POSIX)

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:35:14 -0600 (CST)

> What is the status of the kernel=3F
> Well, it's like this. A couple of weeks back, Travis finished
> some design changes that he made to the fs design and
> he has been working on the paging daemon.
>
> The OpenBeOS focus has been on drivers. Mostly the
> ones that everyone forgets about - serial, parallel, mouse,
> kbd, IDE, CD-ROM, etc. A project plan is forthcoming -
> I just need to fill it in with names.

How portable is your code=3F I would ask for a moratorium on assembler,
or at least a fallback to plain C, so that it can be ported to PowerPC.
For me, at least, and I think for a lot of others, this is very
important.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.