[haiku] Kermit - RS232-based universal communications program

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:17:08 -0800

Howdy,

I am copying and pasting (verbatum) another article submission that has
been seating in the website moderation queue for several weeks.

***
There still is a Beos-version of kermit at Columbia University New York.
If that got ported to Haiku, almost any other system would be able to
access Haiku (read/write). All that's required is typing 'server' on
Haiku's kermit and typing 'connect' on the other system's kermit.

kermit also supports TCP/IP dial-up connections.

Tom Butz
****

This submission will obviously not get published, but I thought I would
post it here before deletion so that at least the intention of providing
the info to the community is fulfilled.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki