[haiku] Interest in WalterCon 2017?

  • From: Dennis Catt <dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 15:59:50 -0400

Greetings Haiku Nation,

I am trying to strum up interest in a possible WalterCon in the spring of 2017 (around late April) on the East Coast of the US in the Shenandoah Valley region of Virginia. It's obviously not Las Legas NV or Orlando FL, but it's a nice place to visit and hotels are cheap and I can get a venue that could hold around 20-30 folks for free. I could also maybe get some discounts at a local pizzeria.

I think the most important to figure out is how many folks would be interested in attending and are there any folks who would want to be presenters covering any Haiku related topics?

Please respond here. I will also add a thread to the community forum <https://discuss.haiku-os.org/> to help get the word out.

-DCatt