[openbeos] Intel AC97 sound driver

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 04:04:47 GMT

Hello everyone,

I'm preparing an update of the Intel AC97 sound driver (called ich_ac97).

The AC97 support included should support a wider range of codecs now.

It also supports variable frame rates, so it should be possible to run it at
44.1 kHz without
the need to do the resampling that is needed for 48 kHz.

A list of supported chipsets can be found at http://bebits.com/app/2940/ where
you can also find an OLD version of this driver.

Please help me verify motherboard and codec support, if your chipset is
supported
by the driver please download the NEW driver prerelease

http://mad-scientist-entertainment.com/downloads/ich_ac97_1.6_prerelease.zip

and install the debugging version. It will create a file called ich_ac97.log in
your home
directory that you should send me by email (please do not send it to this
mailinglist).
Please also specify your motherboard chipset.

A release version (without debugging info) is included, so you don't have to
use the
(slower loading) debug version.

(It is possible that Media preference panel will crash, or not display the
driver preferences
 after installing the debugging version for the first time. This is due to
timeouts generated by
 the debugging code, just close and re-open Media Prefrences if it happens)

BTW, the media kit is also making good progress now, we are very close to a big
milestone.

regards
Marcus Overhagen