[haiku] Re: Image for legends of screenshots

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:27:11 +0200

Lelldorin@xxxxxx wrote:
you klnow my work for http://www.besly.de. I create for this knowledge base many screenshots and app shots, if you need some help let me know. If you want to make the screens smaler as you can do under BeOS,Haiku and Zeta, use Corel Draw and reduce the value of colors, convert it into gif and then use ACDSee to convert it into png.

Thanks for the offer and the tip.
I just tried with one of the bigger images (44kb) with Gimp and achieved a 15% reduction by using an indexed palette of 128 colors. Many of our images are smaller than that and would probably give less reduction in filesize. The biggest images are using many colours in depicting gradients and photos. You can't reduce the colours and have it still look good. Also, it takes time having a hard look that the quality doesn't suffer.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort, but if you can script that thing it might be worth when we only have to compare the quality of the results to the originals.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de