[haiku] Re: How to be a good (useful) tester?

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:59:52 +0200

2. Localization - I don't think the Locale Kit is going to be a part
of R1A1, but it's certainly going to be an important part of Haiku
later on.

It will not. Currently only the locale kit preflet itself is localized, making the Locale Kit quite pointless. The preflet is unfinished, all apps need to be localized, i'd like tracker to use the date formatting from ICU and this will probably be done as part of the "tracker refactoring" branch, and there will probably be other problems like keyboard shortcuts localization, application name translation in deskbar (do we want to do that ?) and a lot of other small things to adjust.

Still, it's possible to provide us with language files for localized apps, once there are some.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx